Home Forums Tax Admin & Community Community Member Gratitude: ‘What’s one thing you’ve been grateful for lately?’

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Zoe-MarieBeesley
      Keymaster

Member Appreciation Week 2022 is here!

Today’s theme is all about gratitude!

We’re grateful that, with the support of our members, we can continue to do good and help develop the tax community.

We want to hear from you. Tell us – In the last 6 months what’s one thing you’ve been grateful for?

To show how grateful we are for sharing your story, we’re giving all respondents the chance to WIN 1 of 5 tickets to this year’s premier tax event The Tax Summit 2022.

Regards
      Zoe-Marie Beesley
      Tax Policy Assistant
      The Tax Institute

Report as inappropriate
      MichaelWalpole
      Participant

Somewhat unique experience – I am grateful for the opportunities we have had through the UNSW low income Tax Clinic to help severely financially disadvantaged taxpayers that need it but are unable to get appropriate independent advice to resolve their outstanding tax matters. Its also an opportunity to take this load off commercial firms that cannot help them and a way to get them off the ATO’s ‘problem’ books.

Report as inappropriate
      MitchReed
      Participant

I’m thankful for the Tax Institute and the community here – I’ve recently been in the final throes of my MTax at UNSW (last exam next week!!) and the publications from the Tax Institute and input from members have been invaluable in my research!

I was pretty well on the path to being a perpetual student – however the Tax Institute has firmly cemented my hunger for further education!

Report as inappropriate
      MarynaKovalenko
      Participant

I am grateful that I was able to bring my mum to Australia and escape the war back home in Ukraine. I am thankful to the Australian Government for prioritising and granting her visa in 2 days. I am glad to have a supportive Team and understanding clients that enabled me to travel to Poland on short notice to rescue my mother.

Thank you to the Team at the Tax Institute – it’s been great to have online webinars from the Tax Institute to be able to stay on top of the recent changes and updates while juggling life’s challenging events.

Report as inappropriate
      MarcelSmith
      Participant

I am so grateful that my business is home office based.  This week both my wife (who is my bookkeeper and office manager) and I have tested positive for COVID-19. Even though we must isolate, we can do so at our home. So, we can still churn out some work (as much as our compromised health can handle) and interact with clients electronically.

My other employee also works remotely, and so is not affected by my isolation.

I can still keep up to date by receiving relevant and timely information from the Tax Institute via email and on-line.

There are so many other businesses where this would not be possible.  I am grateful to be an accountant and a member of the Tax Institute.

Report as inappropriate
      BlairHinchy
      Participant

I am grateful that fellow members are so willing to share their technical knowledge and real life experiences through the TIA’s events and publications. Having access to up to date information is key for me to be able to be effective in my role.

Report as inappropriate
      SueBurke
      Participant

I am grateful that modern technology has enabled us to keep working.  I have also been grateful that the clients have been grounded and I have n0t had to chase them all around the world 🙂

Report as inappropriate
      RongBao
      Participant

I have been grateful for the support from clients who show the understanding towards us during the pandemic period.

Report as inappropriate
      SandeepSingh
      Participant

I am grateful for the amazing team I have at work. We are going through two busy years, and I am so proud of our staff’s resilience and hardwork.

Report as inappropriate
      JohnRavasini
      Participant

I am grateful to the TIA for its commitment to providing continuing professional development events through these trying times to enable tax professionals to keep abreast of tax developments and to connect with fellow professionals.

Report as inappropriate
      KarenGoad
      Participant

Feeling grateful this week for my amazing staff that make it easier every year to stay on top of tax deadlines & let me focus on what I enjoy doing best within public practice.

Also have to say, completely grateful to discover this Community here. What a fantastic resource  😀

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by KarenGoad.
      Report as inappropriate

I am grateful for the supports received from my employer during the pandamic, not only flexible working arrangement but also the supports from my managers.

I also glad that I joined The Tax Insitute last year, being a fully qualified CPA finally find an organisation to pursue my taxation kownledge.

I am also greatful for the friendly support received from The Tax Institute staffs over the phone as well as the face to face events.

Report as inappropriate
      Mohammad Kabid
      Participant

The Tax Institute has helped me immensely throughout my journey as a Tax Professional. The Graduate Diploma of Applied Tax Law and the CTA program gave me the confidence to look beyond the numbers. Whenever I need to research a topic, The Tax Knowledge Exchange (TKE) is my first point of interest. The vast resources from expert professionals in the TKE ensure that I have covered all possible scenarios. Whether it’s new legislation, a draft ruling or a stimulus package, Tax Institute ensures that its members are well versed by offering free webinars.

I am grateful that I belong to the very best professional body for tax professionals.

Report as inappropriate
      FionaRitchard
      Participant

I am grateful for my health and well-being in these times when many are not so fortunate and hope to pay it forward.

Report as inappropriate
      AdaLam
      Participant

Grateful for finding out about this Tax Community and appreciate the opportunity to discuss with others on hot tax topics as they arise!

Report as inappropriate
      JohnElliott
      Participant

Hi everyone, been a challenging 2 years.  I’m grateful for the accounting industry I’m.  It’s meant I’ve had a reliable income for my family.  For the technology we have so that I can run my business from home and spend precious time with my family.  And of course like many here, I’m grateful for the tax community (which is only getting better) I’m a part of that has been an amazing help during these chaotic couple of years.

Report as inappropriate
      Guat LingTeh
      Participant

I am grateful that I get to read all the gratitute posts shared above. You all reminded me how wonderful my life is to be part of this community and I am truely grateful for every single experience I have been through for the past 6 months, whether it was just a smile from a stranger on the street or a smell of morning coffee on my desk.

Report as inappropriate
      StuartGlasgow
      Participant

I am grateful for all of the friendships that I have made through my involvement in volunteering for TTI.  These are lifelong friendships that I will always cherish.  I am also grateful for the experience I gained whilst being on State and National Council of TTI.

Report as inappropriate
      JacquiiReeves
      Participant

Grateful for my family & friends during what has been a disruptive two years, it is in uncertain times that it is clear . It has also been amazing to be part of the Tax Community to help businesses and individuals impacted by COVID. As a community we pulled together to respond to the ever changing landscape of the past two years, and it was during those tough times I was grateful for the relationships I had within the Tax Institute community to bounce ideas around.

Report as inappropriate
      JeffBowman
      Participant

Next month I will have been a member for 44 years and  have always been grateful for the robustness of my various networks of- clients, colleagues, friends and family (not necessarily in that order). This has made the last few years a relative “business as usual” compared to what others have suffered personally and workwise. One doesn’t fully appreciate your networks, and their strength, until times get tough.

Report as inappropriate

I am grateful for the amazing professional development opportunities I get by being a member. For example, all of the webinars over COVID, and more recently 100a ITAA1936 related issues.

Report as inappropriate
      AlexanderKnight
      Participant

I feel grateful to be a member of a group of like-minded professionals, the support I have received from the tax institute and the changes that the tax institute made to adapt to the challenges during the last 2 years of COVID, which has empowered me to support clients who at times have also struggled through a an equally difficult period.

Report as inappropriate
      TarunKumar
      Participant

I’m grateful for being a CTA.

Report as inappropriate
      Andrew Shead
      Participant

There’s lots of things come to mind, but the one thing above all others I am grateful for, is having a couple of friends living close by and lots of bushland parks within 5km of home, so I was able to regularly go out walking with someone else in a pleasant, relaxing environment whilst we were locked down.  It would have been far more difficult to cope without that.

Also, grateful for The Tax Institute’s series of free webinars to keep up with the constantly evolving Covid support and some of the more contentious ATO policies and reduced pricing for the online webinars that replaced the normal face to face, where many other providers continued to charge full price for online events, despite lesser value of online events compared to face to face (such as loss of networking opportunities, change of scenery)

Report as inappropriate
      RachelO’Donnell
      Participant

I’m grateful for the great connections I’ve made with other tax practitioners and the exciting conferences that are lined up to take place (face to face!) this year.  I’m also very grateful for the terrific technical programs and content TTI pulls together.  It makes hitting my CPD numbers a breeze when TTI makes so many interesting technical sessions available for us.

I’ve enjoyed being on various conference committees and am grateful for the connection and warmth I feel with every call I make to speak with a potential presenter.  It reminds me that we’re all working together even though (other than our relationships with referrers, clients and colleagues) we don’t actually work together.  It truly does feel like we’re part of a team.

Report as inappropriate
      ChristopherKing
      Participant

In the last few months I’ve become extremely grateful to live in a city and country with with relative peace and prosperity.

Report as inappropriate
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.